If you're getting married (congratulations!) and would like your wedding to be at St Luke's or if you just need your banns read in your local church (if getting married elsewhere), here are some helpful steps/info to get this process going:
1) Check that you're within St Luke's parish before enquiring...
If you're not within our parish, we can make exceptions for members of our congregation (on the electoral roll) and those who have a personal connection/history specifically to St Luke's.
2) Get in touch with us, and we'll be happy to help you with any questions you may have.
3) Once you've got in touch with us and everything is in order, we will ask you to fill out the Banns application form and to send it back to us. There is a Diocesan fee for banns, which is payable to St Luke's Church. More information can be found on the form.
4) Banns are usually read on 3 consecutive Sundays before the Sunday of your wedding date, but can be done up to 3 months before at the earliest.
5) Once your banns have been read, we will then send you the certificate to give to your officiating minister (or for your records if the wedding is here).
6) If you're having your wedding at St Luke's, we'll discuss all other details with you.